The Indian Premier League (IPL) has evolved into one of the most popular and competitive T20 cricket leagues globally, captivating fans with its thrilling matches and star-studded lineups. As the cricketing extravaganza approaches its 2024 edition, anticipation is building among fans, franchises, and players alike. Strong Teams of IPL 2024 will depend upon the core retentions of the players’ involved.
One of the key elements leading up to the IPL is the retention process, where franchises strategically choose players they want to retain from their previous squads. Based on the retained players, let’s explore the potentially strong teams for IPL 2024.
Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Mumbai Indians is one of the most successful IPL franchises. MI have played in the final of the Indian Premier League six times and won the title five times. They have always been a top team in IPL. Mumbai Indian is the strong team of IPL 2024 based on retained players as they have their Captain, the Indian Hit-man Rohit Sharma, along with Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Dewald Brevis to make the top order destroy any bowling lineup.
Mumbai Indians also have Hardik Pandya, who came from trade with the Gujarat Titans, and Romario Shepard, who came by trade from Lucknow Supergiants. The bowling lineup has non-negotiable Jasprit Bumrah, Tim David, Piyush Chawla and Akash Madhwal. It is a strong bowling lineup. Heading into IPL 2024, their retention strategy revolves around a blend of experienced campaigners and emerging talents.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Chennai Super Kings, being the most successful IPL franchise, have won the title five times. For the season 2024, they are again one of the strongest teams, as they have the brilliant Captain, MS Dhoni. They have retained the New Zealand batter Devon Conway and teenage batting sensation Ruturaj Gaikwand, complimented by batters like Ajinka Rahanae and Nishant Sindhu. The presence of their top 4 performers classifies this team in strong teams of IPL 2024.
CSK have a great bowling lineup. They have strong wicket-taking bowlers on their retained list. The franchise uses Mukesh Choudhary, Maheesh Theekshana and Matheesha Pathirana for their bowling department. CSK also has world-class all-rounders like Ravindra Jadeja, who defines team unity and cohesion, in addition to the star power of the yellow Brigade, a strong advantage ahead of IPL 2024.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore has been a fortuneless side in the history of the Indian Premier League. The franchise has always been close to winning the title but unfortunately missed the trophy in crucial moments. RCB is now very hopeful for the title in 2024 and came as a strong team of IPL-based retained players. They have the in-form, mighty T20I batsman Virat Kohli on their side. The Captain is Faf du Plessis from South Africa. The retention of Glenn Maxwell, who had a wonderful World Cup and Cameron Green ensures a formidable middle order capable of destroying any bowling attack.
The retention of Muhammad Siraj and Rajan Kumar in the bowling department adds depth and variety. RCB’s challenge is not just about star power; it’s about converting individual brilliance into collective success, and retained players form a strong foundation for the mission of IPL title 2024. RCB can get Mitchell Starc or Pat Cummins as their best bid in IPL 2024. After this, This team will become one of the strong teams of IPL 2024.
Gujarat Titans (GT)
- Gujrat Titans, the team that has played two finals in its first two seasons, have retained its key players. They have shown faith in India’s rising star, Shubman Gill, as a captain. The batting lineup consists of David Miller, Mathew Wade, Kane Williamson and Wriddhiam Saha. They have a strong bowling lineup that includes Noor Ahmed, Rashid Khan, Sai Kishore, Muhammad Shami and Mohit Sharma.
After losing Hardik Pandya to Mumbai, Gujarat can go for Rachin Ravindra who will be the top 5 picks of IPL 2024. GT’s success in IPL 2024 might hinge on the performance of their retained players and which will lable Titans among the strong teams of IPL 2024.
Sunrises Hyderabad (SRH)
- Sunrises Hyderabad had been the most underrated team in the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League. The team have Aiden Markram from South Africa as their Captain, while the retention of Glenn Phillips, Henrich Klaasen, and Mayank Agarwaal ensures stability at the top. The team can take a place in Strong teams of IPL 2024 based on the form of retained players.
SKH’s success often lies in identifying and growing young talents into match-winners. With the retention of Bhuneshwar Kumar, Marco Jansen, Tanvir Singh, and Fazal Haq Farooqi, the SKH maintains its youth-centric approach, banking on the vitality and fearlessness of its bowlers.
Which will be the strong teams of IPL 2024 according to you?